|This position is accountable to perform all ?front office functions? for the assigned Rehab Team(s) including, but not limited to the following: reception support functions; providing general information to the public regarding Rehabilitation services within Cone Health; obtaining registration and financial data for registration; registering patients; scheduling patients for initial evaluations and follow-up appointments; interpreting charge information and collecting payment from patients at time of service; maintaining, copying, and retrieving medical records; coordinating cash handling for the assigned team and performing other general office duties as needed. This is a 4 hours a day 5 days a week role (20 hours a week).|
In addition, this position also provides clinical technician support to Team Supervisor and clinical staff. This position is located at the Annie Penn Rehab Center, 730 S. Scales Street, Suite A, Reidsville, NC.
Patient Care Support:
1. Adheres to departmental safety policies and procedures related to patient treatment.
2. Demonstrates proficiency in all appropriate competencies as required by departmental policies and procedures.
3. Under the direction of a therapist or assistant safely and correctly provides treatment for patients.
4. After therapist's instruction, is able to integrate patient goals during various treatment sessions (i.e. communication and ambulation goals during self-care).
5. Observes patient/family abilities related to exercise program once instructed by therapist/assistant, provides reinforcement as appropriate and accurately inform therapist/assistant of results of session.
6. Under the direction of a therapist, safely and correctly assist with +2 treatments.
7. Provides treatments in a manner to maintain patient dignity and privacy and safety.
8. Recognizes changes in patient situation and seeks assistance if needed.
9. Keeps gym in an orderly fashion, i.e. free from dust on equipment and trip hazards, etc.
1. Maintains reception area in orderly fashion.
2. Maintains medical records in the manner described in departmental policies and procedures.
3. Accurately and independently coordinates all schedules to meet the needs of the patients, department, and organization (ie. Reschedules patient cancellations, no-shows).
4. Consistently manages workflow to achieve referral and unit targets, maximize efficiency while balancing needs of patients and dept.
5. Consistently cancels patient's additional appointments when patients are discharged.
6. Understands insurance pre-authorization requirements for all major contracts and obtains documents/appropriate insurance authorization information.
7. Performs registration and insurance verification in a timely manner.
8. Registers patients accurately with a minimum number of duplicate medical record errors.
9. Assures valid prescription from referral source including patients name, diagnosis, MD signature and date within required timeframe.
10. Demonstrates a thorough understanding of Cone Health budget line item categories and shows consistent use of this system in the ordering process.
11. Prepares and assures appropriate delivery of cash deposits on a weekly basis in accordance with hospital policy unless otherwise negotiated with supervisor. Accurately totals all revenue and submits accurate drop bags, etc.. Notifies supervisor of any discrepancies in cash balance
12. Prepares and submits accurate weekly and monthly cash collection total reports to supervisor and other appropriate individuals. Serves as a resource to other staff on cash collection policy.
13. Collects deductibles and co-payments from patients in efficient manner. Informs patient of responsibility and collects payment, either by cash, check or credit card. Accurately documents transactions and provides appropriate receipts for patients and accounting department.
14. Maintains cash box according to hospital cash collection policy. Balances cash box on a daily basis. Reports all variances to supervisor.
1. Consistently communicates positively and effectively with all members of the healthcare team to support exceptional patient care.
2. Consistently communicates with department leadership.
3. Communicates appropriate information when delegating tasks to other coworkers and support staff.
4. Maintains open communication with peers and leadership.
5. Provides feedback to others as indicated and in a professional manner.
6. Monitors current stock (office supplies) and recognizes need to order product and acts to facilitate the ordering process in communication with the supervisor.
7. Appropriate manages all incoming calls including providing accurate responses, triaging calls and taking accurate messages.
8. Anticipates and prepares for new patients. Thoroughly explains rehab policies and procedures to patients.
9. Coordinates appointment calendars and meeting schedules, coordinates designated meetings, ensuring meeting notices, agendas, handouts and minutes are prepared and master files maintained.
1. Considers team priorities for the day when managing own schedule/workload. Consistently offers or seeks help based on the needs of the team and overall workload/priorities.
2. Works with team and direct supervisor to coordinate appropriate tasks to other team members.
3. Consistently utilizes down time by offering assistance to team members. Frequently and consistently adjusts schedule throughout the day to meet department or patient needs (related to call-outs, influx of new work, etc.).
4. Consistently offers to flex schedule to support the goals/needs of the department.
5. Accurately takes new referrals by collecting all appropriate information. Collects and provides appropriate information for specialty programs. Recognizes and works to resolve problem situations such as duplicate medical record numbers or evaluations outside target timeframes and seeks assistance if needed. Establishes excellent working relationships with referring offices. Understands office referral needs and works with office to meet needs. Performance supports department goals for productivity and budgeted statistics.
6. Knows referral and unit targets for the month and works to achieve targets.
7. Shows awareness of peers' workflow, gives correct priority to MWA's that support treatment/ patient flow and acts with minimal direction.
8. Establishes excellent working relationship with team members, customers, vendors, etc. Understands customer needs and consistently works to achieve positive outcomes.
1. Independently and effectively manages workload and assigned projects to assure timely completion. Proactively identifies need to change schedule throughout day to accommodate new priorities.
2. Recognizes team workload and proactively offers/seeks assistance to assure timely completion of team's work and achievement of department and organizational goals.
|High School Diploma or equivalent - Required|
|1 year minimum of related experience and keyboard and/or computer experience required.|
Knowledge of medical terminology and experience in a health care setting preferred.
BLS (CPR)-American Red Cross or AHA Healthcare Provider