|The purpose of this position is to register all patients needing services. The role is responsible for obtaining accurate and complete demographic, financial, and medical information. The person performing this role anticipates and acts on the needs of our customers to enhance the patient experience. |
- Engages patients throughout the registration process to create a welcoming and positive patient experience.
- Appropriate patient identification.
- Collecting accurate and thorough patient demographic data.
- Obtaining insurance information and verifying eligibility and benefits.
- Determining and collecting patient financial liability.
- Referring patients to a Patient Financial Resource Specialist as needed for assistance with financial counseling.
- Obtains and accurately enters required information for registration into the electronic health system. Follows prescribed procedures for positive identification and medical record number assignment, so no duplication or wrong patient registrations occur. Reviews demographic and insurance information for completeness, and follows through with correcting any deficiencies, so collection efforts are not delayed due to insufficient or incorrect information. Ensure EMTALA compliant registration steps are taken for emergency department patients.
- Ensures accurate and complete information is obtained by completing all registration edits including and not limited to: RQI Edits, registration system edits, and report edits.
- Ensures all appropriate signatures are obtained and forms completed including and not limited to the following: Medicare Secondary Payer Questionnaire, Advance Beneficiary Notice (ABN waiver), HIPAA Privacy Notice, AOB (Assignment of Benefits), Medicare Important Messages etc. Provides information and/or handouts and answers questions on patient rights and responsibilities, HIPAA Privacy Notice, and any financial assistance documentation.
- Thoroughly and accurately documents insurance verification information in the ADT system, identifying deductibles, copayments, coinsurance, and policy limitations. Obtains referral, authorization and pre-certification information if needed; documents this information in the EHR, electronic health record.
- Verifies patient liabilities with payers, calculates patient payment, requests payment at the time of registration and documents in the EHR.
- Consistently displays good customer service behaviors to all patients and visitor to promote positive patient experiences. Assists patients to their destination as needed and manage patient visitor flow according to hospital policy and safety guidelines.
|Required: High School diploma or equivalent. |
Preferred: Associate Degree or Certification in Health Care Administration
|Required: 1 year customer service experience in a healthcare or related setting required.|
Preferred: Six months' patient registration experience & medical terminology preferred.
Certification in Health Care Access (CHAA, CAA)
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed