|Responsible for handling the clerical and administrative functions of the Open Door Clinic which includes a variety of simple, complex and confidential situations. Includes broad range of activities from assisting in communication, coordination and correspondence, to assisting with patient care arrangements and processing eligibility requirements for patients. Assists with supervising evening clinics at the agency.|
- Ensures that front office is organized and runs efficiently. Ensures physician schedules are printed and documentation is in order for all patient visits.
- Assist in training volunteers. Manages volunteers during clinics by delegating tasks and mentoring. Supervises one evening clinic a week. Ability to problem solve and handle difficult situations independently.
- Recognizes and prioritizes urgent and/or emergency calls/contacts and provides appropriate referral within Open Door Clinic as needed and/or to other more appropriate community agencies and resources.
- Ability to multi-task and fill in at the front desk and triage which includes knowledge of blood pressure, glucose, medications and medical history for patients.
- Prepares and inspects patient charts before and after each clinic to ensure that all referrals, prescriptions, etc. are in place for the patients. Records data from each visit for grant purposes.
- Assists in meetings, workshops, volunteer training sessions, fundraisers, health fairs and other events taking into consideration time involvement, coinciding commitments and priority to ensure most effective use of time.
- Assists with communication and works with the Medication Management Clinic and Care Management on patient referrals and coordination of care as directed by the Program Director of the Open Door Clinic.
- Screens patients and obtains documentation needed to determine eligibility for Open Door Clinic services.
|Required: Two year college degree in a related field of study or equivalent work experience|
Preferred: Bachelor degree or equivalent work experience
|Required: Minimum of three years of experience in a hospital or medical office setting. Considerable knowledge of medical terminology is a must. Ability to communicate with and handle difficult situations that can arise with a diverse population.|
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed